Claymore miner is a kind of GPU card miner that is utilized for crypto mining. Claymore has long been the most favored mining program for ETH and other ETHash coins, including ETH Classic, Callisto, and so on.
The developer released sequential updates of software. The latest update was on December 4 in 2019. Version 15.0 was the last produced version. Crypto mining through this version was permitted only up to epoch #384.
What are the uses of Claymore miner?
Claymore miner is the most popular miner for mining Ethereum. Note that the Claymore ETH miner stopped working to mine ETH on all cards after reaching a specified period.
If you are mining ETH, it is recommended that you use another client. We can use Claymore miner for mining several Ethash coins with AMD and Nvidia rigs. The Windows and Linux operating systems are utilized to set up Claymore miner. You should download it from official platforms.
You can use Claymore miner for mining Ethereum and other coins that are released over ETH algorithms and we called them Ethash.
Claymore Company also has produced some other miners for the other complex algorithms.
Claymore miner: What is the best crypto mining software?
Crypto mining software helps you to make the process of mining easier. This software is a link between you and the hardware. To mine Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, you must first get the hardware. (we talked about devices like Bitmain AnTrack (Antminer t19 and Antminer s15) and Canaan Avalonminer 1246 before).
Then you should make a series of settings by using the software. In this article, we will introduce the best mining software. But before that, you need to go through a few basic steps.
Step 1: Provide the required hardware
If you have made a serious decision to enter the world of crypto mining and earn money through them, you know that the first step to successful mining is to provide special hardware.
Step 2: Prepare mining software
After providing the required mining hardware, it is time to connect to a mining pool or a cloud mining pool.
By connecting to a mining pool, you share your processing power with a pool with thousands of other users, and in return, you receive a portion of the profits from the mining blocks by that pool.
To connect to a mining pool and perform the mining process, you need special software called mining software such as Claymore miner. The specified programs manage the entire mining process.
What are the different types of mining software?
The mining software is offered in various types, including Command-Line software and software with a graphical user interface.
If you have enough computer knowledge, it is better to use mining software that uses the command line. The reason for the preference of grammar software (such as Claymore miner) to graphic software is the possibility of customization and many changes in them.
Of course, if you are one of those users who have a higher priority for the graphical user interface and ease of working with software, powerful programs are at your disposal. Some of the mining software is:
- Claymore miner
What is the best miner for Ethereum?
The best cryptocurrency cloud mining services always want to help the pool community to select the best and sharpest mining software. They have settings for the most famous mining software. The archive of the Setup file has updated mining software versions. You can easily work with the archive file. You need to replace the default wallet name with your private wallet in the bat file.
The cryptocurrency cloud mining services have always proposed Claymore miner and Phoenix mining software for Ethash. They showed in the history of their activities that are the most stable. Besides, they have the best hash rates. Also, they support all graphics cards such as Nvidia and AMD cards.
Set up file
How does Claymore miner work?
Claymore miner is a popular mining software. This software has been widely used due to the special mode of double extraction. Claymore enables miners to mine not only Ethereum but also other Altcoins.
The performance of this software has little effect on the performance of the hardware. This mining software supports both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards and can be easily run on Windows and Linux.
What are the coins that can be mined with Claymore miner?
Claymore’s Dual Ethereum miner provides a facility for mining all Ethash coins. It aids some options for dual mining. For Windows AMD rigs, Claymore miner provides RXBOOST options to raise the efficiency of your mining. For cards with 2GB and 3GB volume, the fee of mining is free but commonly it is one percent.
The figure below shows several mined coins with Claymore miner.
Coins mined with Claymore miner
What are the Fees of Ethereum Mining Software?
Most of the Crypto mining software charges fees. Only, Ethminer is free open-source software.
There are two ways for mining software developers to get the fees. It depends on the favor of developers of the mining software. Some of the programs get the fees without detaching from the mining pool. Some of them should detach from the mining pool, then connect to the pool and get the fee. After that, the user connects to the mining pool again.
Fees of Ethereum Mining Software
What is Claymore Dual Miner?
Software such as Claymore CryptoNote and Claymore Miner Dual are popular mining software for cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum. These applications are compatible with Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, Claymore Dual Miner. So Claymore miner lacks a graphical interface and is completely command line.
Claymore miner is available in several versions. And Claymore has even released a proprietary version for AMD graphics cards. Different currencies such as Monroe also have their Claymore miner versions.
In other words, if your graphics card is AMD and you want to extract one of the cryptocurrencies of the Cryptonote family, Claymore is undoubtedly the best choice for you.
Below are the download links for some of the few Claymore versions:
- First Download Claymore’s Dual Ethereum AMD GPU Miner
- Second Download Claymore’s CryptoNote GPU Miner
- And Download DUAL AMD + Nvidia GPU Miner versions
How to install Claymore miner by minerstat?
In this section, we will teach you how to mine ETH with Claymore miner in minerstat. Please follow the steps below:
- Save the pool address and wallet in the editor to mine ETH.
- For doing a particular combination select CLAYMORE-ETH as the name of the miner client.
- You should configure the miner client with updated options.
- Finally, save the changes, then the miner will be restarted.
How is Ethereum mining by Claymore miner?
In this section, we will teach you about Ethereum Mining for AMD cards by Claymore miner.
Before starting this tutorial, you should read about the correct installation of Windows, the correct installation guide of the AMD driver, the BIOS method, and the AMD flashcards for mining.
Claymore miner is an interface that we use for mining; this program does not have a graphical user interface or GUI so we have to configure this program through the config.txt file that comes with the program files or apply directly to the start.bat file.
To start the tutorial, first, download the latest version of Claymore and decompress its contents.
- Set the miner; Download the latest version of Claymore Dual Miner for Windows. The latest version of Claymore miner is version 15.0, which can be downloaded from the following link:
- Unzip the downloaded file and rename the folder to claymore.
- In the folder, Find the start.bat file and right-click on the start.bat files, and click Edit. The contents of the file displayed by default. Then delete the items in it and replace the following items. The contents of the file will display to you through the notepad program.
- 1. setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
- 2. setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
- 3. setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
- 4. setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
- 5. setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
- 6. exe
Then open the config.txt file and follow the instructions below:
- # Pool and wallet settings
- -epool pool server address
- -ewal wallet address
- -epsw x
- In the configuration file, Claymore commands are also written as follows, and by putting # before a command, that command can be deleted. For example, if we do not want to use the nanopool, the configuration file settings for the Ethereum on the Ethermine pool will be as shown below.
- ## ETH
- # Ethermine
- -epool eu1.ethermine.org:14444
- -ewal 0x85a98358c631e08bAAB38959dE68718495458A09.RIG1
- -epsw x
- # Nanopool
- #-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
- #-ewal 0x85a98358c631e08bAAB38959dE68718495458A09/RIG1/youremail.example.com
- You can get the server settings and ports of each pool by visiting that pool website.
If the Ethermine servers filtered, use the following servers:
Download and run the GPU-Z software. On the first page of the program, remember the GPU Default Clock and Memory Default Clock specifications. Normally, the default clock is about 1200-1300 for 470 and 570 cards and about 1300-1400 for 480 and 580 cards. The default memory is usually 1650-1750. Run the miner start.bat files without overclocking and let it work for 1 minute. Remember the caution of the cards and close the miner.
How to install Claymore miner by ViaBTC pool?
Claymore miner is the interface we use for mining. This program does not have a graphical user interface or GUI, so we have to configure this program through the config.txt file that comes with the program files. Also, apply directly to the start.bat file.
- To start the tutorial, first, download the latest version of Claymore miner and decompress its contents. You can download Claymore 15.0 by this link.
- Expand the downloaded file
- Find the start.bat file and right-click on it and click Edit, the contents of the file will display to you through the notepad program.
- The contents of the file are in it by default.
- If your graphics card is AMD and especially 2 GB of memory, add the following lines to the beginning of the file.
If your cards have more than 2 GB of memory, adding or not adding these lines is optional, but most miners prefer Put these lines:
- GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
- GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
- GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
- GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
- GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
- Next, we want to complete the file based on the pool through which we are going to mine. Suppose we are going to use the ViaBTC pool to mine Ethereum. A line similar to this is required to mine from this pool: EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool ethereum.viabtc.com:443 -ewal username -allpools 1 -epsw x -eworker RIG1 -mode 1 -retrydelay 3 -mport 0 -dbg -1 You can use this line in the code by registering on the ViaBTC site and putting your username instead of the username word, as well as specifying your preferred rig name instead of RIG.
- By entering the code, the final output of the start.bat file is completed. Then all you have to do is save the file and click on it to start mining.
The above tutorial is just to get acquainted with how to adjust the Claymore miner.
What is the future of Claymore miner?
On 25, Jan 2021 the website cryptomining-blog.com posted that “Claymore miner does not work recently.” Until some time ago the last version of Claymore’s Dual Miner v15.0 was utilized for mining Ethereum (ETH) and some of Ethash by using AMD and Nvidia GPU mining cards. But nowadays the miner has stopped its working. It had supported up to Epoch 384 for Ethereum.
The developer of the Claymore software has stopped updating the software. After that miners had to find other alternatives. PhoenixMiner is the most famous miner that has replaced Claymore miner. Of course, the users are using the Claymore miner. One of the users has improved Claymore miner without having entrance to the source code to make it work once more.